Whether your hair replacement or enhancement journey has begun ,or you are an experienced wig wearer ,this guide should be a helpful overview of the essentials of caring for your lace wig.
Be Gentle With.......
Treat your skin and hairline with the same loving care you give to your new wig .Protect your skin with scalp protector and always patch test new adhesives .When removing your wig ,always allow time for the solvent to work-never tug or pull to remove .
Lace wigs are delicate and can rip . It is also important to use wide tooth combs and brushes that have rubber “tips” at the end of each brush bristle .
MOISTURIZE-Use light ,moisturizing products and conditioners .Avoid products that are oily or contain dring ingredients such as alcohol
PROTECT-To help deter tangling ,wrap or braid hair at night and keep it moisturized. We also recommended for you to tie hair at night with a silk scarf ,especially around the hairline .
Applying and removing your wig may seem like a difficult task ,but it is easier than you might think .and many of our customers do it themselves .Re,e,ber ,it takes some practice,but the convenience of at-home applications often makes it more than worth-while.
Applying Your Wig
If you are using an attachment product ( tape or glue) for the first time ,perform a skin allergy test 48 hours before use the only use as directed by the manufacturer
1. To avoid having a bulky wig appearance ,prepare your own hair by braiding into small conrows ,warpping it or covering it with a wig cap .
2. Pin and Clip all hairs away form the perim-enter of the unit and carefully cut the extra lace .
3. Position unit on your head .
4. Apply alcohol to permeter of hairline with a cotton ball .Follow with scalp protector.
5. Apply adhesive just beyond your hairline as instructed by the adhsive manufacturer,Once the glue is ready press the lace down to your skin with the end of a tail comb .
6. Tie edges with a silk scarf until glue had full cured .
Removing Your Wig
1. Saturate the perimeter of you unit with adhesive remover where the unit is glued .
Tip : Wear a head band on your forehead to catch any liquid that may drip down .
2. Allow time for the adhesive remover to work .Re-saturates as needed .when it is ready , the lace should lift off your skin with the slightest tug.
3.Wipe glue from skin with adhesives remover .
Tip: A microfiber cloth works best for this !
4. Remover glue residue from the lace by spraying it with adhesive remover and wiping with a microfiber cloth .if there is still remaining glue .use " The Mirro Slide Technique".
5.Wash lace unit and store it on a mannequin to keep its shape .
1. Always wash your unit while on a styrofoam heda. This is essential for avoiding tangling.
2. Air dry your wig whenever possible .
3. Seal the knots after each wash .
Care For Your Hair Weave
1.Co-Wash your Hair.You can co-wash your hair with a conditioner .Co-washing should be done at least once a week.
2.Keep It Air-Dried.You can towel dry your hair before air-drying by using an ultra-absorbent towel
3.Seal Your Wefts Before Hair Install.After you co-wash your hair & let it air-dry, you should seal your wefts..Sealing your wefts will prevent shedding.Make sure when sealing your wefts you are applying the sealant to both sides of the weft. This will guarantee your wefts are sealed tight
4.Protect That Hair From HEAT.Use a heat protectant spray, oil, or serumwhen you use heating tools.
5.Tips To Root.when you take your comb, brush, or fingers & start at the tips of your hair and work your way up to the root (weft ) of your hair.
6.Deep Condition.After serval weeks’installation,a deep condition is necessary.
Achieve this care tip by using a good conditioner or deep conditioner
7.Wrap It Up.Remember to twist, braid, bantu-knot, flexi-rod, roller set, rod set, or wrap your Hair before sleep.
8.Don’t swim in the sea when your hair is installed which may make your hair tangle badly.
Speical Care For Curly Hair
1. Avoid using brushes and narrow-toothed combs,and instead opt for wide-toothed combs which cause less frizz and breakage.Also avoid touching your hair as much as possible .this can separate your curls and lead to unwanted frizz.
2.We don’t recommend to straighten curly hair because it may cause hair problems like shedding and tangle.So had better remain the same curly look.
3.If you want to dye curly hair ,please let a professional stylist help you and don’t do that yourself .